Dr SUNIL RAJAN
Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Sunil Rajan is a well known joint replacement surgeon in Central India. Over the last 20 years Dr. Rajan has put his expertise to work transforming more than 10,000 lines through successful knee transplants. Dr. Rajan offers his operative services at Apollo hospital Indore, one of the largest and most respected multi specialty groups in India.
Dr. Rajan offers knee replacement, hip replacement, shoulder replacement surgery as well as revision surgeries. He is one of the renowned and most experienced joint replacement surgeons in Central India. He is passionately involved in training orthopedic surgeries in performing total and partial knee replacement surgery.
Personal care matters more than anything else!” This philosophy has helped me achieve great heights in joint replacement surgeries.
• 15+ years’ Experience in Joint Replacement and Revision Surgeries.
• Worked as unit head in MGM Medical Collage.
• Worked to perform Complex Revision Surgery at Endo Clinic Hamburg, Germany
• Worked with Professor Ray Randle and performed Complex Primary Knee and Hip Replacement at John Flyn and Pindara Hospital.
• Working as Consultant Joint Replacement and Director of Joint Replacement Unit at Synergy Hospital Indore.
He was born and brought up in Indore and studied science, done MBBS from M.G.M. Medical College, Indore. He completed M.S.(Orthopaedics) in June 1996. At a very early age, he started his career from Anand Hospital, Suyog Hospital, Indore. And then he joined G.R Medical College, Gwalior as an Assistant professor, after that he joined MGM Medical College & M.Y. Hospital, Indore as an Assistant professor. He is worked as Associate Professor and Unit Head in MGM Medical College & M.Y. Hospital, Indore and also worked as Arthroplasty Surgeon at Synergy Hospital Indore He has performed countless knee and hip joint replacement operations .He is currently working as an Arthroplasty Surgeon at Apollo Hospital Indore. Have been performing Joint Replacement Surgeries routinely since 2002 both in the institution and my private practice. Have considerable experience in performing Primary Total Hip, Total Knee, Total Elbow and Hemi Shoulder Replacements, Revision total Hip & Knee Arthroplasty with more than 2000 Replacements surgeries.
• Selected by Johnson and Johnson as Principal Faculty in various teaching programs that includes Cadaver Course.
• Selected by Zimmer as Faculty in many Teaching Programs.
• Selected as main faculty in Webcast Program on Joint Replacement transmitted in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh and Middle East.
• Performed 10 live surgeries in Arthroplasty Updates.
• Performed Highest number of Navigated Total Knee Replacement in Central India.
• Performed Highest number of Revision Surgeries in Central India.
• Performed Highest number of Unicondylar Knee Surgeries in Central India.
• Dedicated OR for joint replacement room.
• Dedicated Trained Staff for post Op Care.
• Dedicated staff for Rehabilitation.
• Specialized techniques like Microplasty and CC Techniques for Joint Replacement.
• Specialized Equipment like TC3 to handle complex procedures.
• Space Suit to avoid infection.
• Investing Relentlessly in training team members Cutting Edge Technology and Research.
• 20 Member’s Strong and Trained Team for joint replacement
• Best Patients Satisfaction and outcomes which is Affordable and Accessible.
• Ambulance Pickup and Drop from Airport and Railway Station
• Regular Faculty in Ranawat Orthopaedic Center.
• Regular Faculty in Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society.
• Regular Faculty in Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation.
• Regular Faculty in Indian Arthroplasty Association.
• Successfully conducted IGOF in Indore, Attended by 300+ Surgeons all across India
• Successfully conducted Arthroplasty Update. 300+ Orthopaedic Surgeons have learned tips and tricks to perform Joint Replacement Surgeries through 10 Live Surgical Demonstrations.
• Conduct Fellowship Program for young orthopaedic surgeons to learn the art of Joint Replacement
• Conducted Cadaver Course for young orthopaedic surgeons
• To Encourage Post Op Life of patient
o Conduct Walk-A-Thon, A mini marathon.
o Conduct Garba Program.
o Conduct various Patient Awareness Programs.
o Conduct “Swacch Bahrat Abhiyan” along with patients as part of Corporate Social Responsibility.
• Pioneer in doing Bilateral Total Hip Replacement.
• Pioneer in doing i-Assist Total Knee Replacement.
• Pioneer in doing Navigated High Flexion Knee – PS150.
• Pioneer in doing Attnue RP with CAS.
• Patient from Middle East, Africa, UK, Pakistan comes regularly for joint replacement.
• We work to ensure you Go Back Without Pain and With Happiness.
• Special Packages for NRI Patients
• Navigated Total Knee Arthroplasty with CC technique.
• Uni Knee with Microplasty
• Total Hip Replacement with Anteriolateral Approach.
• Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty and Total Hip Arthroplasty.
• Patient Specific Knee Replacement
• Paper selected in A A Mehta Gold medal IOACON Patna, 2002.
• Won Gold Medal in MP chapter 2006
• Won Gold Medal in IGOF 2006 Indore
• Won Gold Medal in IGOF 2007 Agra for best paper presentation
• Won Gold Medal in MPCON 2007 Burhanpur for best poster
• Won Gold Medal in IMA 2007 Indore for best poster
• 2nd Prize in quiz competition MP IOA Bilaspur 1995
• Took Charge as President of Indore Orthopedic Association on 4th September 2016.
• Invited as Faculty in CEZCON (Central Zone of Indian orthopedic Association) at kota Rajasthan on 12th Sep 2016.
• Invited as Faculty in Vidarbha Orthopedic Society’s in Nagpur Arthroplasty Course 2016 at Nagpur on 17th & 18th sep. 2016.
• Invited as Faculty in Vidarbha Orthopedic Society’s in Nagpur Arthroplasty Course 2016 at Nagpur on 17th sep.2016.
• Revision Hip Replacement Expert interaction meeting was organized on 12th April. Dr.Allan Gross from Canada was international faculty
• Invited as Faculty in Pune Arthroplasty Course at Pune.
• Dr.Douglas S. Clouse orthopedic surgeon from Arizona University USA visited Apollo Hospital Indore.
• Invited as Faculty in (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Conference) APAS which was held in Chennai India.
• Invited as faculty in prestigious IOACON(Annual Conference of the Indian Orthopaedic Association) .